Education & Advocacy
Illuminating Needs and Solutions
Illuminating needs and solutions by providing information, trend analysis, and documentation to inform human service planning, and the policies and funding which affect them.
- Research & Data Analysis
- Public Meetings & Presentations
- Human Service Summit
- Public Policy Platform & Forum
- Annual Meeting
- Public Policy Advocacy
- Community Coalitions
- Drug and Alcoholism Council of Johnson County and Alcohol Tax Fund
- 50th Anniversary Event
Greater public understanding of needs and enhanced community advocacy
- Analyze census data and administrative records to monitor trends and document current and emerging human service issues.
- Educate about and advocate for public policy decisions to preserve and strengthen the safety net.
- Provide contractual services to United Way of Greater Kansas City to document regional trends and assist with Community Impact implementation.
United Community Services is continually reviewing both quantitative and qualitative data about local and regional conditions to better understand how poverty and homelessness impact the quality of life in Johnson County and the Kansas City region. The data is then used to create fact sheets, reports, and presentations on local conditions to raise awareness and advocate for a community response to assure that people have the opportunity to live safe, healthy and productive lives. For more information, contact Julie Brewer.
A Profile of Black Johnson County Residents
2021 Johnson County Data Snapshot: Population, Income, and Poverty
Health Insurance Status and the Case for Medicaid Expansion in Kansas
A Plan to Increase Income through Employment
From Foster Care to Independence
Becoming Trauma Informed
6 County 2015-2019
Johnson County 2015-2019
Wyandotte County 2015-2019
Cass County 2015-2019
Clay County 2015-2019
Platte County 2015-2019
Jackson County 2015-2019
Enews 5-25-23: Reflection on Connectedness; Human Service Summit 2023; Perspectives on Homelessness; Dignity Project Update
Enews 5-18-23: Human Service Summit 2023; Perspectives on Homelessness; 2023 County Health Rankings; Medicaid Renewal Presentation
Enews 5-11-23: Executive Director Search; HSF Pre-Proposal Meeting; Human Service Summit 2023