OVERVIEW: United Community Services of Johnson County is a 501(c)(3) with the mission to provide data analysis, lead collaborative planning, and mobilize resources to enhance the availability and delivery of health and human services. Every community faces an ever-changing environment, and that environment directly impacts human well-being. Effective planning and collaboration can shape how a community responds to those changes. That’s where United Community Services of Johnson County comes in.
Job Description: UCS is seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our team as a Part-Time Project Manager. This role will primarily focus on training and facilitation related to:
- Racial Equity and Inclusion
- Civic Engagement
- Advocacy skills
- Community connectedness
The Project Manager will also be involved in research and data analysis related to the social determinants of health to support the overarching work of UCS.
- Course Design and Facilitation:
- Design and develop training content and materials.
- Adapt course content to meet the specific needs of each audience or cohort to ensure content is accessible, engaging, and impactful.
- Lead collaborative planning, organization, and facilitation of courses on racial equity and inclusion, civic engagement, community connectedness, and advocacy.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all participants.
- Racial Equity and Inclusion (REI):
- Ensure there is a REI lens in all of UCS’ teaching content.
- Ensure that stakeholders internally and externally have an opportunity to learn and understand REI concepts.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders, organizations, and partners.
- Collaborate with local entities to enhance civic participation, social connectedness, and community advocacy.
- Build demand for additional facilitation and training courses and cohorts to be delivered by UCS.
- Project Management:
- Manage and coordinate logistics for courses, including course and cohort recruitment, scheduling, venue coordination, and participant communication.
- Ensure successful execution of projects within established timelines and budgets.
- Perform evaluation of each course or training and identify ways to continually improve the efficacy and value of trainings to the audience and community.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., sociology, public health, community development) or relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience in facilitation and curriculum development.
- Experience with racial equity and inclusion facilitation.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with diverse audiences.
- Excellent project management. Experience working with diverse groups – from citizen-based groups to nonprofits to businesses and public sector.
- Ability to work collaboratively to identify common ground and common goals.
- Knowledge of social determinants of health and community engagement strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Schedule: This is a part-time position with flexible hours, requiring approximately 20 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cathy Goodwin at email@example.com.