Support UCS on Giving Tuesday
Today is #GivingTuesday, a global day of generosity, and it’s the perfect day to consider a donation to UCS at https://tinyurl.com/DonateUCS.
Your donation will help UCS continue its mission of strengthening the health and human service delivery system.
This year, UCS’ work has included:
- Convening collaborations such as:
- The Transitional Age Youth Project to address issues impacting at-risk youth in Johnson County.
- The Johnson County Health Equity Network that is working with the cities, county, and multi-sector stakeholders to create a community response to the health equity issues of attainable and sustainable housing choice.
- Working with agencies and the county to address COVID-19 recovery needs in our community.
- Hosting the annual Human Service Summit, which brought together more than 150 community members, service providers, elected officials, and educators this year to foster ideas about creating strong and resilient communities in the face of shared challenges and introduced the One Small Step initiative.
- Recommending allocation of more than $3,000,000 to meet local human service needs through UCS’ work with the Human Service Fund and Alcohol Tax Fund.
- Serving as Johnson County's Continuum of Care on Homelessness (CoC) lead agency on homelessness.